Adults can learn to row under the guidance of an experienced rower and coach. Over the course of the sessions, new rowers row big boats, including the "eight", and small boats.
Email us to get on the wait list.
Getting Ready for Your First Session
What to wear.... http://maplebayrowingclub.ca/clothing/
- bright colours
- warm socks
- shoes you can wade into the water with (crocs work well)
- toque or ball cap - depending on the weather
- fleece is good
- wool is good
- tight fitting clothing so it doesn't get caught in the equipment - tights are good
What not to wear.....
- cotton is not great - you will get wet, either by sweat or by splashes, and then you'll be cold
- loose clothing
- anything with pockets (hoodies are a no)
- anything with a zipper or buttons on the front
After your 12 sessions, you'll be introduced to the adult rowing program with the support of our master rowers. There is an additional fee to continue rowing.